Thursday 27 August 2015

The Reiteration

Court cases can be the most tricky !! The entire experience of my umpteen family court visits during the divorce thing has been intriguing in itself .

I have been through feeling of utter distress at times when he refused to turn up at the court and I have taken time off from work to attend the court.Indian judicial system functions at its own little pace . I was aghast at one time when a co-attendee was mentioning her case. She carried a small card like thing in her hand which she mentioned was the attendance record of both the parties at court and she was struggling for the divorce and maintenance for 3 years ....it was indeed the most horrible thing.Thankfully for me the first few dates were the rate determining steps for both of us since we had our individual applications for interim maintenance and visitation rights filed individually in the court. Thankfully for me the interim maintenance was granted  to me since the time I have filed the application which was 5 months back so all the accrued sum was to be paid lumpsum..what a great relief that was .The first ever small victory in the court of law was no mean feat.

Further on the next few months passed in anxiety getting him pay the dues on time and we had to even issue notice to that regard once. Men can be mean machines and all tales of so called love had eventually dried up. Both of us were silently contesting each other at the court and the matrimonial thread which bound us together had long broken its promise .It wasn't that we were at loggerheads with each other but the only interaction we ever had with each other were restricted to the so called maintenance and visit records of or child .Though it wasn't exactly a public spat, we knew what we had gotten into and either of us was in no mood to  retreat. The entire court attendance drama lasted for good 1 year with no great breakthrough which was all the more agonizing.The next 6 months that followed eventually sealed our fate... or so I can say since it lead to rational closure of the lingering case. Mentally it can be really tough to make everything appear so smooth...believe me it has lead to a tiring fight alone which had caused me so much fatigue which am yet getting over.Trying to strike a balance at home , looking after the kid, walking the tight rope at career etc seemingly do take deep toll on our health..mentally and physically. I can say this with so much conviction since I have been still reeling with the effects of the phenomena despite being 1,5 yrs into the divorce .

Better sense prevailed finally on the other party and they called in for discussion to close the case amicably after landing at reasonable settlement . Though the alimony or so called shelter repreive wasn't too great a money, the case coming to a logical conclusion and freeing me from its clutches was good enough a  reason for me to comply.It finally gave me freedom from reiterating the same story over and over again in multiple drafts so much so that it would lose its charm..

No comments:

Post a Comment