Thursday 24 September 2015

The Last Thread of marriage

Finally after lot of hum drum the divorce proceedings saw its logical end and in Jan'2014 we were officially single again .The day of divorce I very distinctly remember was a mixed bag of emotions . I was visibly upset over the final turnover despite me so wanting to get out of the mess.

The sacred thread called - Marriage finally gave away after 13 years ( though It can be taken as 11 yrs since I was staying away after that during the proceedings).I reached the court with a heavy heart, something of my life was going to be snatched way for sure ..errie feeling it was . My college gang is a closed group of friends who have been with me in my journey ( one of them being lawyer, legal help was a call away).They rallied around me since morning, though not physically present due to geographical distances but morally supporting me every minute . One of them was helping me vent out my feelings, dismay over private chat and can never thank him enough for that support in the crucial time . Time  seemed to move all the more slower that day. Thankfully I had taken a day off from work, flying back from Delhi just a nite before for the court date , hence there was no rush to head back to work.

Finally our name was called and we were ushered in the Judge's chamber by the respective lawyers.The  Court Judge had changed during the past few months and we had a new face though an experienced one at that. He went through our written proceedings briefly and individually asked us if we were ready for divorce. We just nodded in affirmation and there he stamped the final order relieving us from being man and wife ...I could only manage a faint smile to his lawyer who came to congratulate me.

He went upstairs the lawyer lobby to meet his main counsel while I stayed back with my lawyer holding the order paper copies .Within minutes I was teary eyed and in  no time found myself sobbing away for the brutal end that was finally here. My Lawyer helped console me in time to face my now ex-husband .

We walked down tight lipped before we had a last lunch together that day...before parting ways to our individual homes .

No comments:

Post a Comment