Friday 7 August 2015

The journey begins...

The first date at court was slated end of July'12 when due summons were sent to him.He tried to create a scene and intimidate me on my birthday in July which had us scared for our safety.

Me and the kid with maid in tow moved to mom's house few blocks away till the first hearing to keep things in check .Adjusting to mom's house rules was n mean feat and the constant thought f burdening her was playing loud in my mind.Post marriage I had rarely been for long stay at mom except in my pregnancy so doing it during this stressful period added to anxiety.I was feeling homesick within just 3 days and we had a fortnight to spend there :(.

Finally the date of the hearing dawned . I had called in sick at work and so was at ease avoiding the office work for a while .I headed for court for a formidable encounter with hubby , accompanied by mother.The court atmosphere can be very depressing indeed which I had short experience of when I went  to file the case few days back. It was unbelievable to see scores of people divorcing in the city alone ...leave alone national figures .Were marriages really made in Heaven  and Broken on earth ???We discussed the nitty gritties with the lawyer who herself turned up late leading to few tense moments at the court. The other party ( read husband ) arrived shortly afterwards with elder sis-in-law in tow.Both of us were seated in opposite corners like perfect strangers... strangely enough. So much had changed over the last few days that even people known for years had grown apart within few months , sad but true.

The first hearing is usually the counselling session , rather the consequent one too.After some wait for our turn we were summoned by the counsellor to her chamber, first single and then together.We left no opportunity to vent out our anger, frustration at each other in front of the sombre lady.The session together was no less then fireworks.We had agreed to disagree on every single point.We were sent off to see the counsellor again on next date which was supposed to have some cool down effect on us .

Outside sis-in -law and me exchanged glances and faint smile when I handed over few of his things back to her ( included the letters he wrote to me from the hostel during our courstship, all was non existent for me now ).We quietly left the court with the next date of hearing taken up by our respective lawyers .

The journey towards eternity was just beginning .....more encounters to follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment