Sunday 5 July 2015

A new Dawn...

Hi

Finally the day closed in with all my belongings shifted to the new house ..My Guardian angels kept me company till late evenings as I was unpacking one box after another.

Exhausted by the day long hard work , physical and verbal war of words , sleep engulfed me soon in a silent zone of my very own...my baby steps towards the new beginning had been taken. Relieved much, I indeed slept peacefully that night after long.

A New dawn welcomed me in its fold with new roles, responsibilities and I was ready to face the world now with renewed vigour..as I took small sips of my first tea at my new haven.I took 2 days off from work citing family function so as to set up the new house in order before my baby arrived that evening .Between tiny morsels of food and water managed alone, I got unpacking the boxes and putting the house in order, first things first.Ordering the bed , TV, mattress to sleep on were some bare essentials which set the order of the day .Having worked in good kitchen space, a tiny space called kitchen was hard to work on..(moreover getting to fit all my stuff in was indeed tricky) .Thankfully the small loft came to my rescue which was duly used up to dump in all the extras / non urgent stuff aside .

As evening drew by, I was becoming impatient to see my child who was kept in that house for a day till I managed the basics in place. 1 brownie point for him to have agreed to keep the kid for another day however disgruntled he may be with me for my exit.My car still lay parked in the old house , since I had barely learnt driving and couldnt have managed the short distance as well ..hehe. I jumped on my best buddy--my twowheeler and raised the accelerator to take me fast to my destination.

Little more  bags  with toys and her essentials we left the house . The maid was entrusted with the task of looking after the luggage on the road below till I made a quick trip to drop my kid on the bike . My second trip with the maid in tow left me tired enough for the day, not to mention 3 times ascent into my fourth floor abode which didnt have a lift.Finally the house became a home with the advent of its new family members ( the maid was also part of family by now ).

Hubby casually called on the landline to check on us , which was a bit of surprise for me ( was it becoz he was left alone to fend for himself or was it genuine concern ? )Whatever it may be , I was feeling happy over my new found freedom which obviously came with its share of new challenges but, I knew I was ready for anything now ( mental strength is mightier than physical might...maybe YES)

Setting up a  new home on my home gave me a new high nevertheless despite having umpteen reasons to worry about... My time had indeed begun now ...Girls....remember the old adage .. SELF help is the BEST help.

More bytes soon

Tc

Neha 


No comments:

Post a Comment