Monday 29 June 2015

new phase on the anvil

Hii,

As the soil turns mushy after lashing rains , but dries soon after after the rainy spell...my mind became calmer and more resilient after the final call I made to shift out.All anxieties , worries , laid to rest..

Whilst I had already announced my departure date , I could see that my partner was taking it with a pinch of salt, thought I would any ways back off.The discussion ensued to sort the stuff I was to pack along , with no emotions involved I was told to pack up whatever was bought with my own money and leave the rest including some utensils for his daily use .I wasn't bit surprised by his statement , since the calculation slip was yet quite fresh in my mind and getting to know how economist my husband he was I relented .Though this meant that more than half the stuff would have to be bought new which included the bare essentials like bed, kitchen cupboard, TV , TV unit, Geyser etc , I knew I had  to bear the brunt of the decisive move I had made much to the cold reactions drawn back home.Thankfully had the landline and the gas connection in my name which saved the day .

Finally the D day arrived bringing with it mixed emotions of leaving the home and relationship behind, but all the same a steely resolve and satisfaction of standing  up for myself.Transporter booked , bags packed , I left to draw some cash from the ATM for the sundry expenses which were to crop up for the day.My cell suddenly rung and had my elder sis-in -law announcing that she was coming over. I was forseeing a drama unfold soon at home , the least I wanted to face before I left quietly.Reaching home, confronted my husband over it and he acted naive over the incident which had me all the more puzzled . If he hadn't called her over, then how did she know about my whereabouts since it was months I did not speak to my other folks over this and was left to him to handle it .The impending chaos had me fuming all over the place , the least I wanted to handle while managing the mental cacophony.As I was trying to prepare myself for the worst, the doorbell rang and in came my sis-in law. After the ususal pleasantries we got back to business. Her entry was sure to stall my plans as the goods vehicle would be soon at the door,all this was making me more n more impatient by the minute .Poor thing was trying her luck to dissuade me from walking out and coaxed me into rethink the ouster.I was obviously in no mood to listen to anyone , that what I usually do when I have made up my mind against something.Its hard to pin me down, and get me change my thought track and rewind the sequence.

All the altercations were on, when another blow to my plans came up,my MOM entered the scene trying to play another saviour.I was shocked to find her here since I was assuming all the while my folks had no issues me moving out and stood in support of my decision.Her entry quashed all the little hopes I had ...and I decided to wage a lonely war against all the suppressants who were keen to make a vamp out of me in the bargain.All their plans from taking holiday together with hubby, taking things easy, doing a rethink of situation fell on deaf ears ( that were mine ).After a full scale dramatic turn to the events intercepted by frantic calls by the transporter and my 2 guardian angels I could finally put an end to the discussion by putting my final foot down and made it clear that I wouldn't budge now, come what may.

This obviously led to lot of bad blood between me and my mom since her side changing had shocked me to the core and I was rendered helpless and lonely among the three who formed a group.She left in a huff announcing that she will snap ties with me over this , I felt as if all the world was conniving against me including my folks. Was I doing the right thing ? I pondered for a while , but I knew deep inside me that the feeling was ephemeral and would eventually die down. I rushed to pick up the pieces of my broken life and with moral support of my angels I finally could move into my new home by late noon, truly famished by then. 

Just to avoid the inconvenience to my darling daughter. I had her stay back with the maid for the day till I made the house bit habitable .I have felt the strongest on that day, despite being the lone warrior among the house fighting for my peace.Not giving up to the demands of the threesome is the best gift ever I have given to self ...BE STRONG...Life isnt over yet....

The struggle now enters PHASE-2.....

Love 

Tc
Neha 



1 comment:

  1. Very sorry to hear that you had to go through so much trouble on that day. Hope you can reconcile with your mom, maybe she just needs time to accept. Don't give up hope, have a conversation with her when things calm down a bit.

    ReplyDelete